Friday, July 9

The July/August Simple Woman's Daybook Edition

  For Today

Looking out my window... a beautiful sunny morning that my plant family loves

I am thinking... that days of summer always go by so quickly

I am thankful... for the beautiful metal roof that was just installed on our home

One of my favorite things... quiet hours right before dawn

I am wearing... a blue knit short-sleeve dress

I am creating... time, space and importance in moving forward, keeping and maintaining my blog on a regular basis

I am watching... just a few of my YouTube subscription videos that I enjoy in the evening

I am reading... Moments of Seeing - Reflections of an Ordinary Life by Katrina Kenison

I am listening to... a few encouraging writing videos every week

I am hoping... to take full advantage of the slow days of summer

In the garden... everything is right on time and on track for a lovely harvest

I am learning... how to create a newsletter email list

In the kitchen... all the summer goodness of fruits and vegetables

In the homeschool room... things have slowed down with just a few pages of work each morning

Shared Quote

"today is a new day"

A moment from my day... 

special things on my bedroom wall, like the beautiful eagle feather I found while on last month's lake retreat with my daughters.


for sure and for certain...I do

Post Script

* * *

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts. 

The September 2021 Edition will be posted the first week of September 

UPDATED September 27th

For those who visit here each daybook post, I am sorry that I have not put up the promised September edition. Please continue to add yours to this post if you wish to.

I am not sure when I will get a new edition posted, but please check back with me for an update. Thank you for understanding and for your support.



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

18 comments:

  1. Love Your Plants Peggy! This was a very informative post, going to check out Hope Writers!
    Love your sharing loving life and the Lord!
    Blessings
    Linda Marie Finn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Always nice to find an old friend stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Peggy,
    I enjoyed reading your day book. It occurred to me I haven't done my own in awhile. I'm wanting to get back into it. I couldn't figure out how to add a new subscribe button to my blog so I ended up moving my blog to WordPress. I'm still trying to work my way around there too lol. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome back, Regina! I know it, same here and I have been keeping this blog for a long time. lol

      Delete
  3. What a lovely entry! I really enjoy reading Katrina Kenison, too. Her Mitten Strings to God I think is still my favorite of hers. I have this one on my shelf, but haven't finished it yet. Maybe I will pick it up again. I love your roof and your bedroom wall is BEAUTIFUL. Summer does indeed FLY by, sigh, I'm so grateful for the warmth, light, and green. Oh and you're woodslice coaster is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy! Thank you so much. Yes, I read Mitten Strings to God years ago as well. I agree, warmth, light and green! So very much needed.

      Delete
  4. I came across your blog during lock down last year and have to admit to a post being sat in my drafts folder for months. Today seemed like a good day to post.
    I love your bedroom wall. It seems like such a calm space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz and glad you found your draft. :-)

      Delete
  5. wowsers Peggy!!! I sooooo love your new roof!
    and, the days of Summer have gone by too quickly (it is my favorite season)
    Wishing you an Awesome August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I did question my husband about the color of red....meaning I wanted barn red. He said, that is it! We are happy with the sound it makes when rain pitter patters.

      Delete
  6. The beautiful pre-dawn hours are my favourites too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh. Autumn here already ~ go S-L-O-W, please. Happy October, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...slow is what I have done.

      Delete
  8. just checking in with you, Peggy... and hope that all is well... miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for checking in. Yes, I am well. Hoping you are as well.

      Delete
  9. Hi Peggy. Hoping all is well with you and your family. Another year has come and gone and we'll be closing 2021 in a few weeks. I pray you and yours have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tajuana, I hope you and your family had a blessed Christmas as well. I appreciate your comment. xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.