Monday, April 15

New ☂️ April Daybook & Community Link! ✍️


The Simple Woman's Daybook (April 2024 Edition)

 For Today

Looking out my window... 
the first signs of Spring.


I am thinking... 
how nice to be able to open the windows, even for a little while.


I am thankful... 
to be returning to the Simple Woman blog and to finally have a working subscription box on the sidebar. Please subscribe if you wish to receive my posts directly emailed to you.

One of my favorite things... 
this sign I found at Hobby Lobby. I knew instantly it would come home with me and sit on top of the mantel in the great room.


I am wearing...
gray wide-leg capris that are so soft, a dark cornflower blue knit top and my house moccasins.

I am creating...
a packing list for my monthly retreat. I head out in the morning to a lovely B&B to soak in some quiet time. This month it will be over my birthday which it even sweeter.

I am watching... 
Little House On The Mountain

I am reading... 
the winter issue of Victoria. I always enjoy their first issue of the year and this one was so good. The theme was keeping a journal and writing letters, one I do every single day and one I wish I did.

I feel sad this beautiful way of communication has fallen by the wayside...just one more thing we have sacrificed on the altar of technology. Yes, I can throw a text out there adding a cute smiley face with the best of them, but to what loss?

And to think there will be a generation attending public school who do not know how to cursive write, that is beyond comprehension.

As someone who loves the personal way that cursive writing feels coming out of a special pen and onto the grit of a pretty piece of paper I find that harmful for our children, but maybe that is just me.


In the Writer-In-Residence article Jennifer L. Scott says, "But I allowed myself to record these everyday occurrences, trusting in the process. After all, I enjoyed looking back at my old journal from childhood and the "mundane" things I wrote about back then. I smiled, thinking that one day my life will look very different from how it looks now and that the quotidian tasks I do around the house might seem special through the lens of time and age. In other words, the entries were only mundane if I believed them to be so."

Ahhh, the 'mundane'...lovely word and for those who enjoy the beauty of the mundane or as I call it, "where every day is a blank page", there is a treat returning. 
{see below to join me}



I am listening to... Oh! This one! 

In the garden... 
very soon a flurry of activity that will be unending

In the kitchen...
hot tea with scones

 

Words of Others

"Spend enough time in a state of frenetic shallowness and you permanently reduce your capacity to perform deep work."
Deep  Work 
Cal Newport

A moment from my day...

Post Script

If there has to be commercials, here's hoping for more like this one.

* * *

Please find links on the sidebar where you can follow me and you are always welcome to reach out to me by emailing me at thesimplewoman@gmail.com




Now! It is your turn to write up your daybook post and link-up here when you are finished. (Daybook guidelines found HERE)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Peggy! I hope to get started on my Daybook today. Right now we have a thunderstorm going and we may lose our power. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.