Monday, November 2

The November/December Edition of TSWD



For Today

Looking out my window... I am not sure where October went so fast, but it seemed to run to get out of November's way.

I am thinking... how nice it feels to have an over-flowing pantry full of goodness going into these next winter months and dark times.

I am thankful... for new online friends! I just sent this little mug rug to a gal who won it in a little game we had at my new fb group, Lives of Simplicity. 


One of my favorite things... 


This little center piece I created for my table.

I am wearing...  many layers today since I awoke to our first snow of the season. I might add it is early for these parts and the electric was off with the wind blowing like crazy! Needless to say the woodstove gets started this week!

I am creating... (and finished) this little wonky quilted wall hanging. I used a simple Kantha stitch to quilt this one. Great way to use scraps!





and this little branch weaving that I made at our lake retreat last month. I found the worn branch down by the lake shore and knew it had to come home with me.


I am watching... the last few episodes of Poldark.

I am reading... this slow and quiet book with my LOS group of ladies.


I am listening to... lots of quilting YouTube videos!

I am hoping... and praying that God shows mercy on this nation even though it does not deserve it.

In the garden... a patch of turnips and that is all.

I am learning... this little trick using a tiny drying rack to keep my quilt strips in order and at the ready.

In the kitchen... preserving orange marmalade and more baking is on the way.

In the homeschool room... wrapping up apple and insect units, beginning moon and pumpkin study.

Shared Quote

The Women of Christmas

"Elizabeth was married, settled, mature. Her kinswoman Mary was young, still living at home, and engaged to a carpenter. Anna was an elderly widow whose every waking house was wholly dedicated to God." 

God can use us at any age or station in life.

A moment from my day... 


Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts. 

The January/February 2021 Edition will be posted January 4th

The Simple Woman's Daybook is not connected to any other link up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

6 comments:

  1. I like your idea for using a drying rack to keep the quilting strips in order and it's definitely something I will be copying. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, Another lovely Daybook edition. It's always nice to see what you are up to these days. Thanks for hosting this meme. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so creative! I love the table centerpiece and your patchwork wall hanging and what you did with the branches to make a hanging. So lovely! I, too, am praying that God shows mercy to this nation. May He be praised and glorified! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m hoping my link worked...it wasn’t clear,
    Thank you Peggy for continuing to post the Daybook. I confess I had not thought of this in a long while - it popped into my head this morning though and I was delighted to see that it was still going, and to be able to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/29/2020

    This is so wonderful to read Peggy. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your life with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.