Thursday, June 9

Shaking Off The Dust


I am slowly trying to shake the dust from my writing life and put my voice back out there, if only in small amounts. 

So today I ask...

Are you taking the time to smell the rose? the lilac? 
My mock orange was looking like this last week, but as with all flowers, it has faded with the passing of time. When it was at it's peek of beauty, I could not get enough of the scent...pressing it up to my face to try and capture the memory.

Most of life's precious moments are like my mock orange, fleeting and only can be captured by memory. This is why we need to slow, stand still, burn it to thought...because there will be a soon coming day when we will have to draw on those memories because difficult times last longer it seems, not so fleeting. 

If we get into the habit of capturing, we will have a storehouse full of scented moments to cover over the difficulties.

Have a blessed day and take time to smell the rose.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/11/2022

    So happy to see that you are blogging again! I look forward to reading more! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thanks Peggy for this post that I'm so late responding to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Regina...never late :-)

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about our mock orange tree...I just stand next to it and inhale. Small joys are so refreshing...and even though things are getting harder in these increasingly harder times, God is still on the throne, and in Him I put my trust and hope. May your days bring many fragrant moments, gifted from the Lord. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best? Such a fleeting joy they are! Thank you, Jenny!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.