Wednesday, January 19

A New Year ~ A Fresh Start ~ Moving Forward


Hello friends of the simple woman! 

It has been so very long since I have sent anything out from my blog. In some ways, I feel I have abandoned my readers and for that I am sorry. Sorry for the length of time that has lapsed between greetings, one of my goals in 2022 is to remedy that.


As I sit to write this afternoon, the wind is gusting over the surface of 5 inches of fresh snow. I look up and glimpse a ray of sunshine creating pretty shadows by the grape arbor. I look past the Christmas tree that now sits bare on the back porch giving protection to little birds who are lucky enough to find it's sheltering branches. It is that time of year when any shade of green is a joy to see and the little fat pine delivers that to me. 

Sitting here taking the time to share with you, I am thinking my blog has reached a milestone. One where the Simple Woman's Daybook has now become well-known in the blogging community. I have been blogging for over 20 years, not always consistently (because you know, life happens) with 14 of those years sending along a daybook post. One thing always remained in those posts, and that is that I wrote with a heart of simplicity. 

When I created the much-loved daybook portion of my blog, along with the community feature, it was the the icing on the cake. Over the years I have had many wonderful comments from my readers with very few negative ones and for that I am very grateful. I have seen blogging new on the scene and at it's very best, but as social media has changed and adopted other ways of communicating, blogging has sadly lost most of it's down-to-earth homey beauty. Microblogging as seen on Instagram has taken with it many readers from the more traditional way of blog writing. But, surely there is a place for all of us to find the right fit for our personal lives and one that shines our light the brightest. 

My last post written here was a July/August 2021 Simple Woman's Daybook. Since July, I have taken these many months to really think about the why and way moving forward. What came to the surface was the fact that I enjoy writing and sharing from this little spot. The theme of simple living, beauty found in the everyday, and noticing the often over-looked moments, along with my love for and my growth in Jesus has always been at the forefront and that will never change. 

While I ponder the direction of my blog in 2022, there will no longer be the Mister Linky feature added to the daybook posts. I will not be renewing my subscription another year. Anyone who stills wishes to create their own daybook posts on their blog, may still do so while following the guidelines, but now your link can be added in the comment section. 

Also, I will not have a set month or date for writing any post, I just want the freedom to click "send" when I have the time to write or have something to share. I want to re-visit the early days (dare I say, the good ole days) when we wrote for the pure pleasure of it.

In closing, I have fun things planned for this little off-the-beaten path blog and I hope as we move into the seasons you will continue to find it an encouragement and when you leave you feel like you have visited an old friend over her garden gate. 

Until next time...
xo

10 comments:

  1. I never want to lose touch. I don’t have a computer and just can’t seem to figure out blogging from my phone so sadly I did fall away from there. Can’t wait to see what you share this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be the same way. I do not think I would ever write if I had to do so on a phone. I am a finger tapper at best, but I can type away on a keyboard. Thank you, friend.

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously thinking of doing away with Instagram because I do think blogging is so much fun. I've only gotten a few nasty comments when I was on Blogger and I got plenty of spam. I'm on WordPress now and so far I've gotten a few spam and no mean comments. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Regina! Yes, my plan is to only use it to follow a few who do not blog and share my link to my blog for those who follow me from there. Thank you for your visits.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your random posts, writing when you feel the inspiration! "Writing for pure pleasure" is my favorite way to blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I appreciate that so very much! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. "Writing for pure pleasure" is my favourite way to blog too. I'll miss the Mister Linky feature as I enjoyed finding other bloggers there, but I completely understand. I often look up your blog and have missed you since the July/August Daybook. I'll visit again, and please come visit me at https://scrapsofjoy.com/ anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. I know it is going to be missed by some, but others have moved on.Thank you for the invite to stay in contact with you. I will do just that :-)

      Delete
  5. I started blogging in early 2006, at a little site called Homestead Blogger. It was such a sweet little community, and after it folded (in about 2012), I turned to Blogger. I eventually found community there, but, sadly, in about 2015, blogging became the business that it is today. I hate it! I blog for the sole joy of writing and of connecting with others. Instagram doesn't afford that same connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, I remember Homestead Blogger and the sister Homeschool Blogger put out by the same folks I believe.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.