Wednesday, June 29

The Simple Woman's Daybook (June 2022)

   For Today

Looking out my window... a gorgeous day with the bluest of skies.

the mint bed and my new strawberry patch were good to me

I am thinking... how wonderful it is to live in rural America

I am thankful... for all the special outings I have been able to enjoy these past few months.

the spring lake retreat week with my daughters

my 63rd birthday

a Sabbath week-end with the ladies in my church

an ocean bus trip with my husband (and the new hat that I love)


One of my favorite things... the way light falls (I always stop to notice)


I am wearing... 
knit skirt, navy tee and no shoes

I am creating... more space for food storage

I am watching... a few YouTube subscription channels when I have time at the end of the day

I am reading... literally studying the owners manual to my "new" car. Whew, they have changed since I bought my last one


I am listening to... Revive our Hearts

I am hoping... for revival in our world

In the garden... 

the onions did not fair well, but the radishes are coming on strong

In the kitchen...

 cleaning out cabinets, cupboards and shelves. For months I have been steadily taking inventory of our food stores and adding all that I can; sectioning the various dates and using 2022 first, 2023 and so on. I will finally finish the bulk of my main list this week-end, but continue heavy on toiletries and odds and ends

In the homeschool room... I do not need a room anymore, a table suits just fine. Only homeschooling one these days and not 5


Shared Quote

"𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 “𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲” 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗯𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁."
Nancy DeMoss

A moment from my day...

no dishwasher for me (by choice) which makes unboxing my Grove order so much fun! (Ha! they even match my tablecloth)

Post Script

* * *

Dear friends, 

It has been quite a long time since I shared with you a daybook edition. The last was February 1st. The month before in January, I shared there will no longer be the Mister Linky feature added to the bottom of the daybook posts and that I would not be renewing my subscription another year. I know there are those of you who continue to write your daybook so feel free to leave a current link in the comment section below this post.


Please find links on the sidebar where you can follow me and you are always welcome to reach out to me by emailing me at thesimplewoman@gmail.com


7 comments:

  1. Olivia6/29/2022

    I love your pictures & the glimpse into your days! So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read your post and to know all is good in your world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa...trying to get back to what I enjoy doing.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7/20/2022

    I was surprised and excited to see a post on Facebook. My writing has been stalled for awhile now except comments and posts online!! But I have been creating in paper crafts…cards, scrapbooking, and other things. I want to get back to writing and seeing your Daybook again is the perfect start!!! Will get on my computer soon and get one done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I hope to inspire you to get back to your words as well.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8/07/2022

    Always enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.