Monday, October 7

The Simple Woman's Daybook {October Edition}

For Today

Looking out my window... much needed rain

I am thinking... Lord Jesus, thank you...just thank you.

I am thankful... this little girl has made it safely into the world. Oh! the plans he has for her life!

#5 grandbaby



One of my favorite things... getting all the fall pretties out of the closet and decorating

I am wearing... my favorite black leggings, gray cami and gray sweatshirt

I am creating... not much of late, just too deep in book and bible studies to get to anything new.

I am watching... YouTube videos to find good soup recipes.

I am reading... The book of Judges in the Bible

I am listening to... the audio lessons on Gideon and learning so much through this study written by Priscilla Shirer.

 

I am hoping... to get to the studio/craft room in the next few weeks.

I am learning... to always, always look to God instead of to the problem. It takes the weight of the situation and lightens it and your mind heaves a great sigh of relief.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

In the garden... Samuel helping Daddy gather the last of the potatoes before turning it over to rest til next year.



In the kitchen... All things muffins!

Board Room
shared from my Pinterest board

 Pinterest is no longer something I take part in. I guess I have just lost interest. So next month I will be filling this space with something different and a bit more of value.

Shared Quote

 from my church notes..."To reject Jesus is to reject our own identity" 

A moment from my day...






 I moved my desk to another room on Saturday to follow the light.

Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts. 




The November Edition will be posted November 4th

Please NoteIf you want to be notified by email of each monthly daybook edition you can "subscribe" using the box on the sidebar. 

PLEASE NOTE! Networked Blogs is no longer in operation, but I will still be manually adding the monthly daybook edition to facebook. So if you wish to get notified at facebook, simply like my page, thesimplewoman

***********************************************


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

21 comments:

  1. SO excited to be abck blogging and to be back here. I love reading your daybook and all your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your newest Grandbaby! What a joy and gift. I love the thought of moving your desk to follow the light. This season brings such beautiful shifting displays as the light patterns change. Blessings to you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy your granddaughter is so precious. Congrats to your family! I love the lighting you have where you moved your desk. How can that space not make you smile when you sit to have daily time with the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tajuana, thank you! Yes, that space is so needed in our lives, no matter how that looks. Space and time.

      Delete
  4. Happy October, Peggy!... and congratulations on the arrival of your precious Baby Girl into the family, lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the sweet baby. Love Priscilla SHriver. Love your blog, it is like a visit with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new grandbaby! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always lovely to catch a glimpse of your world. Beautiful grand baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peggy,

    I also enjoyed Gideon by Priscilla Shirer. Grandbaby #5 is beautiful. Your idea of moving your desk to chase the sun is great and I just might try to copy you. Thanks for hosting the daybook. It is one of my favorites. Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim! So glad you take part here in our little community!

      Delete
  10. I am so glad you are still doing this for us and that I am now able to participate again. I always love reading yours as it is like visiting an old friend and am starting to enjoy reading some other blogs again that I have found through this daybook. I hope you have an amazing fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I nearly forgot that today is new daybook post time...lol.

      Delete
  11. Moving your desk to follow the sun ... oh yes, I can so relate. Although I can't move my desk, I do often move around with my laptop.

    I'm still getting used to adding my blog post to Mister Linky and I think I mistakenly added the same post in two places - Sept. and Oct. Sorry about that. I do enjoy The Simple Woman's Daybook posts. Thanks so much for creating it.

    And, congratulations on that beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.