Monday, July 8

The Simple Woman's Daybook {July & August Editions}

For Today

Looking out my window... at this beauty. It is over now, my Mockorange...come and gone, but it's scent lingers in my soul still.



But, most mornings...my view is with my son as we work through math and phonics practice.

I am thinking... how nice it is to still get a work-out, even when the weather is too hot or too rainy.


I am thankful... for good health.

One of my favorite things... corn on the cob.


I am wearing... a comfy, blue sleeveless t-shirt dress and my feet are bare.

I am creating... new papercut journey pages every now and then as the mood strikes.



I am watching... and loving Season 2 of Yellowstone.

I am reading... this pile of goodies from the new shelf at the library.


I am listening to... this on "buttercup" below, my Amazon Fire. My summer playlist is growing daily and yes, I dig deep.  Here is another one for good measure.



I am hoping... to get a bit of time to put thread to needle soon.

I am learning... over and over...how time gets away from you. Some days I really miss the little man below, even though he is now 16. Time does not wait.


In the garden... things are growing well with the hot and humid days of summer.

In the kitchen... rather on the screened-in porch where you will find me most days...delicious lunches.




Board Room

 from my Pinterest board "the not so simple woman"


 full credit for this pin not given


Shared Quote

"You learn a lot about people when you listen to the songs that mean something to them"
-unknown

A moment from my day... my daughter bought this sweet vase for me and I recently planted an ivy in it...I thought she needed a little hair.



Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts. 




The September Community Edition will be posted September 2nd

Please Note:
If you want to be notified by email of each monthly daybook edition, as well as all other posts you can "subscribe" using the box on the sidebar. 


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

5 comments:

  1. Your stack of books looks interesting. I love to go through cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunlight streaming in at your desk. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here and participating. Love the simplicity of this. :) I'll be back. You've been warned... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is beautiful! And that healthy food looks so good now, especially with the fresh veges & fruit available. Thank you for hosting these beautiful link-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Summer to you, Peggy! Thank you for providing this fun and easy-going way to connect with our blogging community!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.