Monday, June 3

The Simple Woman's Daybook {June Edition}


For Today

Looking out my window... chilly start to the week

I am thinking... that 60 feels so good on me and I am blessed to have reached this milestone.

 

I am thankful... for safety during our lake retreat. Always good to go and always good to return home.

One of my favorite things... country roads...love a country road!



I am wearing... long yoga pants and simple workout tee. I am hoping that my time on the treadmill this morning will warm me up a bit. It 51 degrees, this third day of June

I am creating... a loose plan for summer days since school will be out this week

I am watching... FBI

I am reading... 

Reflections on Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift from the Sea
Anne M. Johnson
(see quote below)

I am listening to... more of...yep, country music. Just me for sure.

I am hoping... to get my new Kindle Fire up and running this week. A gift from my dolly girl and she bought it in buttercup yellow which will brighten my day each time I use it

I am learning... and re-learning how fast time flies. It is hard to believe this little guy in my arms  (my baby and youngest of six) will turn 16 this month 



In the garden... everything is now planted and peeking through the ground...right on time as all the many years of growing before and it looks like will be for many years to come. We are staying put...this is home


In the kitchen... getting ready for fresh strawberries

Board Room



 from my Pinterest board "make love"

 full credit for this pin here


Shared Quote

"Like the oyster shell, each of us is unique but not rare. None of us knows a life without struggles, without hardships, disappointments, even devastation. None of us makes it to adulthood without experiencing some event or set of circumstances that breaks our heart, or chips away at our self-esteem and inner confidence. Like the oyster shell, we each have
fought to have that place on the rock to which it has fitted itself perfectly and to which it clings tenaciously"
(from book mentioned above)

A moment from my day... a new papercut journey page. Creating these pages are such a release of emotion and thought. I make them for me, but share them with you :-)


Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts. 




The July Community Edition will be posted July 1st

Please Note:
If you want to be notified by email of each monthly daybook edition, as well as all other posts you can "subscribe" using the box on the sidebar. 


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

13 comments:

  1. My fourth and only boy will be 16 too on the 11th of this month. My last baby and fourth girl was 10 two days before Christmas. You are right time flies far too quickly. Best wishes Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Sandra. You too!

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy your daybooks! Had no idea we were so close in age. My youngest sons, twins, turn 38 this year, while my daughter turned 40 at the beginning of the year! I LOVED my 50's, but into the 60's a couple years, I've noticed it's even better! Have a Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! Yes, my oldest is 36. My 50's were good, but I know the next decade will be best. I have never felt better!

      Delete
  3. Have a great month, from one sixty-year-old to another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing your papercut journey pages. I've never heard of papercut before. When did you start doing this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tajuana! Actually I coined the term...lol. I have been doing "papercuts" for about 5 years now. It is an art that I really enjoy, but I could not create them without the love for good magazines :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this opportunity to peek into the lives of fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Barbara...it is fun I think.

      Delete
  6. Always enjoy Daybooks...even though I participate sporadically. It's always good to connect with fellow daybookers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Peggy. I went ahead and put my July 3rd Daybook on June's link up. I hope that was OK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the same thing then realized it was still the June link up. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.