Monday, May 6

The Simple Woman's Daybook {May Edition}

For Today

Looking out my window... just listening tonight as one of those sweet spring-like storms roll through. It is late, the house quiet all but a gentle roll of thunder now and again, a splash of lightening shines in the skylight. Thoughts roll through my mind as thunder, loud and then becoming far off and silent.

I am thinking... and reflecting on the last decade and contemplating turning another round of numbers. A certain pause and a special remembering of what was and what is yet to come.



I am thankful... for the blessings that adult children bring to one's life.

One of my favorite things... is when I work on my papercut journey pages...a release of emotion and story. If you want to see more you are welcome to visit my @papercutjourney instagram feed.



I am wearing... a pair of 3 color-block leggings (black, gray and white), soft gray short-sleeve tee and my favorite black Skechers

I am creating... a packing list for my lake retreat. Twice a year (spring and fall) my daughters who are my very best of friends and I make the 2 hour trek across the mountains and become tucked away in our lake cabin for a week.



I am watching... Season 11 of Heartland...I own all of the seasons, it is that good!




I am reading... A Walk On The Beach ~ Tales of Wisdom from an Unconventional Woman by Joan Anderson


I am listening to... the newest cd I just picked up by Cody Johnson -Ain't Nothin' To It...most definitely will have this one on hard replay during my road trip, cause I am in song love and it fills my country girl heart to the brim.

I am hoping... that our decision to sell and move becomes a firm and clear 100% go! About 10% of unsure looms, but is losing ground fast. Down-sizing will feel good and having a smaller home will be less work for my husband, but the bittersweet of living here for 34 years, raising and homeschooling six children on this land...well, that just might hurt for a bit.

I am learning... that seasons of writing and sharing come and go. Just as much as I longed to return here to my blog more often, my need to not be has over-shadowed that longing. With getting a home ready for sale, warmer weather, yard and garden work and school closing for summer vacation in a month, life will require much more of my attention. 

However, I am thinking of posting a second daybook to stay in contact with you mid- month. The first Monday with the community link-up and then an extra one from me around the third week-ish without the link-up. If you are subscribed you will receive it once it posts. 

In the garden... red beets, asparagus and spring onions are making their way up. See my garden gate down there with a star. A lot of steps are made through that gate each growing season.


In the kitchen... a frig full of fruit at the moment. Oranges, blueberries, grapes and a pineapple and cantaloupe I just cleaned and cut up.

Board Room


 from my Pinterest board "in her aloneness"

 full credit for this pin here


Shared Quote

"The transitions of life's second half offer a special kind of opportunity to break with the social conditioning and do something really new and different." Bring it!

A moment from my day... going through my oils and ordering a few new ones



Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts. 




The June Community Edition will be posted June 3rd
(I may post one mid-month)

Please Note:
If you want to be notified by email of each monthly daybook edition, as well as all other posts you can "subscribe" using the box on the sidebar. 


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Peggy! All the photos--so peaceful looking. Safe travels with your girls to your cabin. And God bless you and your husband as you transition to a new home/life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Walk on the Beach is on my TBR pile. I think it will make for a nice summer read. We downsized about five years ago. Every so often I feel a twinge of missing our old house, but for the most part we are so happy with the simpler life style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still posting these after all these years. Thanks Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for still hosting the project! It gives me so much inspiration every time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.