welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, November 6

The Simple Woman's Daybook {November Edition}

For Today

Looking out my window... remembering...how glad I am that we timed our week-long retreat at the lake so perfectly. It does not get any better than this...


I am thinking... how much richer my life is with these two side kicks.



I am thankful... for a mild autumn

One of my favorite things... being where youth and midlife meet

I am wearing... gray leggings, over-sized tee and barefeet

I am creating... three new papercut journey pages, one being the blog header above and this one with a favorite...sunflowers.



I am watching... Seal Team

I am reading...


{every time we hit the road for the lake, I always take along Joan Anderson}

I am listening to... this acoustic rendition of Circles
Here is the version off my new cd, Girl Problems

I am hoping... you do not mind if I share a few of our lake retreat pictures with you.


{our three bags packed}


{on the road...the trip up is a retreat all of it's own}


{first stop is always for caramel and mocha lattes}

 

{small town America is so neat...this time we found a lovely cafe named Wildflower}


 {so much better than a street sign}

I am slowly learning... that there are those things in life that just will not change...so you accept or move on



In the kitchen...my thoughts are on Thanksgiving

Board Room



shared from my pinterest board  "in the quiet place"

 full credit given for this pin found here 

Shared Quote

"Perhaps I need some time to settle in before I can begin to write. And for the first time ever, I allow myself the reckless thought that it may not matter if I write or not: with no one here to judge me, discovering what exactly I will do may be a more interesting project than writing a book."

Drinking The Rain 
[a memoir]
Alix Kates Shulman

A moment from my day...


{all set with new magazines, cantaloupe, pretzels and water bottle in tow}

Post Script

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create one of your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.




The December Edition will be posted by December 4th

Please Note: If you want to be notified by email of each monthly daybook edition you can "subscribe" using the box on the sidebar. If you want to be notified by facebook, you can "like" my page here or "follow" using the Networked Blogs link on the sidebar

However, I have found my sweet spot and I am not posting anywhere, but here...

until next month
~*~*~*~

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

6 comments:

  1. Love your new blog header! And the sunflower one, too! Enjoyed all your pictures and thoughts this month. Your retreat with your girls looked heavenly. What a great tradition. Hope you have a wonderful November. Happy Thanksgiving! And thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your daybook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! Yes, you have a lovely Thanksgiving as well. I enjoyed your daybook. Yummy chili, we had the other night too. Love that sign at Arlington Natl. Cemetery and I agree that "worry is a misuse of imagination".

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your daybook!! I always enjoy your photos. I'm hoping I linked up my post correctly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Faith! Yes, you did a fine job. I want to read Priscilla's book, Breathe as well.

      Delete
  3. Lake retreat sounds amazing! It has been unusually warm this autumn here.... today is quite a bit cooler. Your artistic work is always so lovely. I love when you share those with us especially in the monthly header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leann! It is nice to know someone appreciates me sharing them.

      Delete