welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, June 5

The Simple Woman's Daybook {June Edition}


For Today

Looking out my window... how funny to still have the wood stove going in late May. The days have been so chilly and damp. Spring sure has taken it's sweet time this year. I do believe that Summer is knocking hard on it's door though...


I am thinking... about the road trip south!


I am thankful... for the week I had with my girls at the lake cabin. What a wonderful gift for Mother's Day. They bought travel bags for themselves and brought home one for me. 
We do nearly everything in 3's :-)




One of my favorite things... sitting at my desk with the scent of Mockorange wafting through the window


I am wearing... a new pair of dark wash Skinny jeans (yeah, finally met a target weight), soft gray short-sleeve tee, black sandals and silver hoop earrings

I am creating... a few more paper cut collage pages. Last month, I mentioned starting a blog just for the pages, but have since re-thought that idea and closed it. I just want to keep things very simple online these days, so any new ones that I put together will be stuck inside my daybook entries. Below are two of the three that I created on my retreat. The third will be used as July's header like the one above.




I am watching... the second season of Madam Secretary

I am reading... a number of different books right now for various reasons.



I am will be listening to... this fellow who is a major favorite at my house! The ticket was my April birthday gift from my daughter! I know...I have two of the best daughters a mother could ever hope for!


In the garden... a slow start because of cold temps and wet ground, but things are doing wonderfully this year.  We are eating kale, onions, peas are finding their way up the fence, cabbage is loving their little safety "cages" and the carrots are growing crazy fast! I need to thin that row out this week.






I am hoping... you do not mind me adding so many photos to my daybook entries. 

In the early years of the daybook, one photo was added at the bottom under the prompt, "A moment from my day". However, this year I have been adding more and more photos for two reasons. 

The first is that I do not have an Instagram account where I can share (personal choice = no smartphone, no phone addiction), the second is that I used to post a photo or two a day on my facebook page sharing that way, but have recently decided to discontinue doing so. However, I will keep that page open for those who receive the daybook link there. I never post on my personal fb page, but keep it because of a few groups I am a part of. 

The bottom line is blogging once per month works out quite well for me in this season of life. Perhaps it goes with the title of this blog...simple!

I am learning... that just because things change does not mean you need to follow.

In the kitchen... homemade loaded nachos, smoothies and fruit



Board Room



shared from my pinterest board  "in the kitchen

full credit for this pin given here 

Shared Quote

"My inner emptiness felt like a yearning for completion and fullness, a longing to feel connected to my core, my inner essence, the real "me". 
~Anne M. Johnson
from the book, Return to the Sea

I just started this book again, after reading, "Gift from the Sea" 
by Anne Morrow Lindbergh 

A moment from my day... at the lake cabin



Post Script


If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.

~*~*~*~


The July Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted by July 3rd
~*~*~*~


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

6 comments:

  1. ok, peggy... I want watermelon!... and see a trip to the grocery store today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon is one of my favorite things! I buy the small ones, strip it from the rind and block it in pieces in a huge bowl. It does not take long to get gobbled up :-)

      Delete
  2. I love all the pictures you add to your post! I wish I had time right now to do more of that. It will have to wait for that season to come. :) Looking for you on Pinterest! No luck...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, been there in that season as well. ;-) Pinterest...All you have to do is click on the "in my kitchen" pin page I shared in the daybook and it should take you directly to my page.

      Delete
  3. Your garden is lovely!! I am glad that you share on this blog...I freed myself of Facebook and Instagram too :-) ~~fist bump~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. back at ya! I have downsized so much over the past year or so. It has taken time, a sort of weaning process if you will, but it so freeing.

      Delete