welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, March 6

The Simple Woman's Daybook {March Edition}


For Today

Looking out my window... blue skies and cold

I am thinking... how lovely are those first flowers of the year.
(Don't you just love when your hometown library purchases a new book after you suggest it and you get the call it is in!)


I am thankful... it has gotten chilly again...it will warm in due time

One of my favorite things... magazines with few ads and lots of give-back


I am wearing... gray wide-leg yoga pants, white cami and long gray and white strip tunic

I am creating... a little homemade treat for The Joy Exchange I am taking part in

I am watching... season two of Grace & Frankie and I laugh my head off each episode! Love it!

I am reading... a fantastic stack right now. One for ideas, one for a book club I belong to, one because I eat that way, one for my health, one for mid-life, one for the fun of it and one because I understand


I am listening to... this while putting on a few miles. It feels so good to sweat!


In the garden...
freshly tilled up last week and waiting for mulch


I am hoping... this next hair cut takes what is left of the highlights from my hair. I am loving the bright gray strands coming in at the sides.

I am learning... to accept what I can not change and change what I can not accept

In the kitchen... more and more vegetables as I work my way cutting out meat from my diet...getting closer




Board Room

shared from my newest pinterest board  "gray the new black




full credit for this pin given here 
(Check out her blog as well)

Shared Quote

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see."
~ Thoreau

A moment from my day...



Post Script

As my longtime readers may know, usually in this spot I share with you a "paper cut journal" page I have created. But, I am happy to announce a special place just for my work in collage. It is a bit bare just yet, but I will be finishing it soon. Also, I have it set for you to be able to click on the photo which will enlarge it. I hope you come to enjoy it as much as I do creating it!

If you wish to follow by email, I have placed a box at the bottom of the first page. I will not be sharing anymore pages here at the daybook.

Paper Cut Collage

~*~*~*~
The April Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted by April 3rd


If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create your own, HERE is the link to the format, guidelines and complete list of prompts.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

10 comments:

  1. Those muffins look yummy! And love the quote!! Hope your Monday was a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking part, Jodi! Yes, there are delish...I add a bit of orange juice and zest to the batter

      Delete
  2. Ordered a couple of books from the library that you pictured on your post. Thank you for sharing them. The Joy Exchange sounds like such a great idea! Hope you are having fun with the creating process and are happy with what you receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you enjoy the titles you ordered. This was a stack that I had to renew a time or two.

      Delete
  3. thank you for sending me here, such a beautiful post with many good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, thank you so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm seeing a lovely post, I want to come back when I have time to savour it. Wishing you a beautiful day. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post. Will be enjoying your new Paper Cut Collage page. I see we both read Mary Oliver -- she is a joy to read. No doubt you are savouring your new library book In the Company of Woman.

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda! Same with your daybooks. I enjoy stopping over and seeing them as well. Always lovely! Oh, yes I sure am taking my time looking through it.

      Delete
  6. I am enjoying daffodils this time of year too! (from Trader Joe's) I am so intrigued by that Project Calm magazine. I will have to do some research!

    ReplyDelete