welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, August 1

The Simple Woman's Daybook {AUGUST} Edition


For Today

Looking out my window... a very typical August kind of day...hazy, hot and humid. Not much to complain about though, as my garden loves this weather.

I am thinking.. how perfect this head of cabbage is...simply beautiful.


I am thankful... for little Johnny who loves to play cars when he visits Mim's house.


One of my favorite things... eating a bowl full of cucumbers each day for lunch.


I am creating... new places to work in my studio



a new papercut page to make the space complete


a fresh notebook and dividers


and a pretty rug that is fast becoming a favorite place for my toes.

I am watching...



Gods and Generals

(excellent acting for sure)

I am wearing... gray cotton tee, gray and black stripe maxi skirt and bare feet 

I am reading...

The Organically Clean Home
by
 Becky Rapinchuk


I hardly use any cleaning products, but I am copying off several recipes to replace the ones I do.

I am listening to... stuff that takes me back...here is a favorite!

I am hoping... I will be able to let this last daughter drive alone once she receives her license. I do not remember ever being so anxious with my first 4 now-adult drivers! Sigh.

I am learning... how good I feel after 30 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on my mat. It makes a huge difference when I make it a priority.

In the kitchen... simple meals mainly from our garden



my pressure cooker gets a work-out this time of year


strawberries and homemade shortcakes

In the schoolroom... little piles of back-to-school things slowly being gathered


In the garden...


I have come to love this little path I trek through several times a week

Board Room



shared from my pinterest board  "the artful muse"


full credit to this pin given here


Post Script

Ladies, I am working on something new for you! It will be a sister to The Simple Woman's Daybook community and (hopefully) I will be sharing all the details this fall. Excited!

Shared Quote

"Our gifts are not from God to us, but from God through us to the world"
Janice Elsheimer, The Creative Call

A moment from my day...


coming into Sammy's room each morning and seeing how nicely he makes his bed...the darling precision placement of his "friends" who sit there all day.

Closing Notes

The September Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted on September 7th (a few days after our holiday week-end).

If you enjoyed reading my daybook and would like to create your own, HERE is the link to the format and guidelines for you.

Until next month...
~

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

19 comments:

  1. Your garden looks amazing... enjoy the bounty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Schotzy! I just hope my tomatoes turn red soon!

      Delete
  2. Excited to learn about your new "something" for this fall! Enjoy linking up for the Simple Woman's Daybook; and a "sister" to that would be awesome!!

    Love reading through yours! Thanks for keeping us "simple" and writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you notice those few lines in my daybook. I hope my idea can come to a reality this fall.

      You are welcome...simple and writing...like that :-)

      Delete
  3. your garden! so jealous! =) love you crafting area too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your studio is wonderful, Peggy, and I love the view through the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen...it took me a very, very long time to be able to have that little space!

      Delete
  5. Your garden bounty is beautiful...and, wow, that path through your garden is like a slice of heaven. I can see why that would be a favorite place.

    I'm excited to learn what you are preparing as a sister to the Simple Woman's Daybook. I have enjoyed being part of this community the last few months. I'm sure another community will be a joy to be a part of too.

    Ah, Sammy does a great job making his bed.

    Gods and Generals is such a fantastic movie. I haven't seen it for about a decade, but I used to really love it.

    "Come, Monday" sure brings back memories. Reminds me of 7th grade and my friend Donna.

    Thanks for hosting this party.

    Love,
    Patti @ Embracing Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti for your visit and always for your kind and thoughtful words.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed reading your post. Thank you so much for hosting! It's amazing to me that your garden is bearing this time of the year! Our spring garden has been gone for almost 2 months...but we live in southeastern GA where it's too hot to grow things after June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining us! Oh! But, today as it would seem, my garden is showing signs of a past 3-week spell of oppressive heat. Things are surely slowing down. Yes, I live in southern Pa. and we have been getting nice rain showers all along this summer. I enjoyed your daybook and your grandson, Caden looks very excited to start homeschool. I will surely miss that very, very much!

      Delete
  7. Peggy, I really enjoyed reading your daybook. I am looking forward to what you have in store for the fall! Your studio looks wonderful; so bright and cheery! Thanks for the serenity you offer here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica! Thank you...I love that..."serenity you offer here". I appreciate that very much.

      Delete
  8. I have a daughter whom I'm nervous about getting her license too (after 3 older children already have their licenses)! How do you keep your garden weedless? Lovely pictures on your daybook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, my husband uses a small rototiller between the rows. Believe me we still have our share of weeds.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Whoa. I am halfway through watching GODS AND GENERALS this weekend too. It's the first time I've viewed a two-sided DVD. So many battles!

    Thanks for another prompt. My August response is up at Practically at Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Ann, the follow-up to Gods and Generals is Gettysburg...the first centers on the southern view and Gettysburg, the northern. I am partial to watching these because Gettysburg is my hometown :-)

      Delete
  10. you have a lot of projects going on, maybe I can get in on the sept daybook you will post tomorrow. It's been awhile!

    ReplyDelete