welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, July 11

The Simple Woman's Daybook {JULY} Edition





For Today

Looking out my window... and from my screened-in porch a gorgeous day...




and two-stepping with my little friend, who has greeted me for the past 3 mornings, as I check the garden and hang laundry.


I am thinking.. how blessed we are to have a God who knows all things.

I am thankful... for little bouquets of flowers that are brought to me with little dirty hands.



One of my favorite things... is time spent with these two pretties.


I am creating... neatly folded fabric stacks...


adding new floss to my organizer...


going through, tearing pages and sending along to my girls a long held stash of favorites...



and tending some of my encouraging and uplifting books that feed my soul while the world's chaos continue.


I am watching... this video nearly daily during my morning devotions.

I am wearing... black and grey maxi skirt, grey tee and sliver hoop earrings.

I am reading  soaking in... Fervent by Priscilla Shirer
Excellent! The timing of me buying this book is God-ordained in every way, as I continue with my spiritual healing retreat on-thru the summer. Finding women in Christ to read and to follow is where I need to be at this time, places that encourage me and press me forward. 



I am listening to... some good, good stuff like this that builds my faith and holds my resolve steadfast.

beautiful words from Same Power

"The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a raging sea
Lives in us, lives in us
He lives in us, lives in us"


I am hoping... she always remembers these words! I bought this poster for my daughter Hannah Faith, because she is just this...her own kind of beautiful both inside and out!

 

I am learning realizing... how vitally important it is to have that set quiet time with the Lord.


In the kitchen... it is berry time at our house and the bowls are overflowing





and on occasion there is awesome goodness shared out of the kitchen as well.



In the schoolroom... looks a bit bare now, but I still work for an hour in the morning with Sammy. Some things change hard, but change they do.

In the garden... all things green...thus far


Board Room



shared from my pinterest board  "in awestruck wonder"


full credit to this pin given here

Post Script

I am waiting patiently for this one!

Shared Quote

19 And when you look up into the sky and see the sun, moon, and stars—all the forces of heaven—don’t be seduced into worshiping them. The Lord your God gave them to all the peoples of the earth.
Deuteronomy 4 

A moment from my day...


a finished paper cut journal page

Closing Notes

In the June Daybook edition, I held a little gift-away shown here. I am happy to report that my son Samuel, drew out Karen's name.
You can find her blog at, Over The Backyard Fence!
Thank you to all who entered!



The August Simple Woman's Daybook edition will be posted on August 1st

Until next month...

________________________________________________________________



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

25 comments:

  1. Happy July to you, Peggy! Your daybook this month is so sweet. What a total joy to receive flowers from dirty hands. I know they were given with much love.

    I'm assuming the two pretty gals are your daughters. I agree with you that it is a favorite thing to spend time with our grown children.

    All those beautiful fabric pieces---do I see a quilt joining the "things I'm creating" page in a few days?

    I love that "Same Power" song. We need to be reminded of that truth regularly.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Embracing Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Patti they are my girls and I have 4 sons!

      As soon as I get my new machine purring, I plan on using the pretties for some wall hanging. I am a small project gal, works best for me at this stage of life.

      Yes, we do...I love that song!

      Delete
  2. Love the look of your new page... fervent prayer looks amazing,... nothing more important than strategic prayer at this time.... also, love your clothes line.. wish I had one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schotzy, oh it is...please get a copy! There are also fb groups doing the study together that adds a nice element. (if you have an account there)

      I have used a clothesline like that for many, many years. We bought it from an Amish store.

      Delete
  3. He is indeed a good good father. I rest in that song. I drink it in. It is true ministry to my spirit. I, too, am facing changes as my children grow up. Only one has left the nest so far. One graduated high school this year, two will follow in double stairsteps. What I was not prepared for is how much they are gone even though they live at home. Changes that cannot be stopped—'tis true.

    Thank you for hostessing.
    Mrs. Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, I have been dropping over and reading your blog. I have enjoyed my visit and I am glad you are sharing again. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful view from your screened porch! And, I love the beautiful creature that has greeted you for 3 mornings!! Since I wrote a SWD last week too, I am going to link both of them!!

    Thanks for keeping us writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, he is pretty cool isn't he? Yes, I spend a lot of time on that porch!

      Delete
  6. Fervent is such an excellent book! I discovered it last year after seeing the movie "War Room." I have been recommending it to everyone ever since. A friend and I even developed a prayer binder based on it that we can take with us to any room or location not just the prayer closet. I really hope it blesses you as much as it did me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I loved the movie, War Room...want to buy a copy soon. And yes, to the war binder/prayer binder idea. Currently, I am working on mine.

      Delete
  7. I like the bee! It seems to say "hey, this is MY honey!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Smily! You would NOT want to mess with that, "bee"! It is actually a yellow jacket, but wow, what a beauty of a nest!

      Delete
  8. Loved reading your Daybook, Peggy. I see your treasured stack of books includes some of my favorites as well. I, too, am reading FerVent and enjoying it.

    Don't you just love berry season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea, thank you! I do...all of the beauty of summer eating is so good!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for another post and lineup.
    I read FERVENT recently, after our small group finished the author's ARMOR OF GOD video study and workbook. It was goo-oo-ood.
    And I think I've read nine of the books in your stack. ;-)
    Blessings -
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I so agree with you, Linda! I am in a study group as well. Still working on Fervent, but Armor of God is next on my desk. I bought both on the same trip to the bookstore!

      Delete
    2. This is such a fun exercise! I may join you, if I may, in September when we'll all moved into our new home...
      The image of shelling peas took me back to me childhood - I would do this with my beloved granddad every Sunday while grandma cooked the Sunday roast...

      Delete
    3. That would be wonderful, Claire! Do join in then...happy moving into your new home :-)

      Delete
    4. Thanks Peggy - a friend's coming to help pack books today... We have A LOT of books!! See you in September :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for hosting this party. I don't take part very often but when I do I always enjoy it. Your post is really delightful and I see you enjoy time with your girls just as I do.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Diana! Yes, girls are fun!

      Delete
  11. I LOVE this!! And I'm SO happy I stumbled upon it. I would love to link up next time :) yay for new blogging friends.

    and ps what a sweet post!

    -nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Nicole! I am so happy for your trip ;-) over here to TSW! I would love to have you join us!

      Delete