welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Tuesday, May 3

The Simple Woman's Daybook {MAY} Edition

For Today

Looking out my window...I see the most beautiful of Springs! It is wet from rain, lush, almost tropical, showing all shades of green. It is groaning for a peek of sun in order to bring forth it's full dress of splendor.

I am thinking..how on my first day back here after a long time, I receive a snarky and bitter comment. In all seriousness, it reminded me of a child not getting their way and the tantrum that follows! It could have sent me into a tailspin, but that only makes the 3rd nasty comment I've received since starting this blog, so it was cool.

I am thankful...for the rain after a dry start to April.



One of my favorite things...letting my hens out each morning. I only have two now, but they bring me joy.


I am wearing...cute little black Capri leggings with a pretty blue stripe down the side of each leg and a long cotton tee in that same blue.


I am creating...space between me and facebook. Glad I took the step to totally downsize everything about it, including my time spent there. Good decision. For those of you who are not on facebook or haven't see the little note I left behind on my page, I will share it below.


"Today, I just wanted to drop in to say that I have been quietly and slowly moving, moving back to my blog that is. I am not quite finished with the refreshing and remodeling, but soon. It has been a very long time since I shared anything over there, but I do now realize, that ever since I joined fb, my blog has become an empty shell. I miss it. I miss sharing words with you, shucks, I miss sharing words with me! I miss the quiet place of entering and remaining in that peaceful place when I log on. I will still be here on occasion, leading my book club group and enjoying the other two groups I belong to. I guess it comes down to what is most important to me, trending along downstream or stopping on the rock along the way to bask in the sun. When I am at my blog, I can pause, linger and think and maybe catch a few rays."

I am watching...the movie, Mother's Day at the theater over-the-weekend with my daughter. She was so happy to pay the cost of my ticket with her first paycheck. My youngest daughter is well on her way now, making strides toward womanhood. She has 3 weeks and she will be a homeschool graduate! That will put me, at the conclusion of her 3 weeks, a 25-year homeschool veteran. This will be one of those life changing moments for me. It is feeling quite bittersweet for this momma.

I feel honored to be on a long, long list of homeschool moms who came before me and who will come after.

I am reading... (along with the book club group that I lead)

{The Second Journey}

(one of these days I will share more on my love for Joan Anderson)

I am listening to...


{Playing Big}

I have been playing this to and from driving my daughter to work. This concept is new to me, to put a book on disc in my car's cd player. I am about half-way through and will tell you more about it in another post. Let's just say that I have met my "inner critic" as well as my "inner mentor" and I find they are at odds with one another most often, as no doubt some of yours are. I am hoping to use my blog to bring them into at least a compatible agreement. We shall see...

I am hoping...for some sunshine this week.


I am learning...to appreciate women, like me, who are on the same path.


In the kitchen...I continue to educate myself about healthy eating; adding new recipes as well as removing old ones that no longer work from my cookbook binder.

{cesar salad complete with warmed pumpernickle croutons my daughter made for my birthday lunch}


In the schoolroom...About 4 more weeks and my little guy will finish 6th grade. It was the right decision to keep him home this year from his public school life skills class and cyber school him; he made strides working closely with me, as well as his teachers. He enjoyed it, but I know he missed a few of his friends. (for those who do not know, my youngest son has Down Syndrome)


In the garden...all of the early vegetables are up and growing nicely.


Board Room

{from my pinterest board, In Her Aloneness}

photo credit given here


Post Script

{art journaling 101}


Shared Quote

"There are moments throughout our lives when we arrive at a doorway, a choice point. If we fail to see the moment for what it is, we may have to wait for years to arrive at another such opportunity. Be ever vigilant. Do not overlook the doorway into transformation when it arrives. And do not, for fear of the risk, miss the chance to step through that door."  ~Ann Mortifee 


{from my pinterest board Far Over the Misty Mountains}

photo credit given here


A moment from my day...



I recently went through the originally labeled, "My Paper Cut Journal" posts, and changed them to what they truly are, "My Paper Cut Journey". The change from journal to journey is more in keeping in how I feel when putting these together and what they have come to deeply mean to me.


Closing Notes

Ah, it felt so good to post my daybook on the blog today and it is so nice being back here in my space. Hoping to get fully moved in by week's end. I have a few more things to get placed and I will be all set. Feels much like a fresh start.

I remember how I felt the very first time I sat typing up a daybook here, thinking..."I wonder if any others would like to create one using my prompts!" The Simple Woman's Daybook was born! It has been a nice moment in the lives of many, many women who gather here each month. Some women come, some women go, but for each one, you are appreciated whether you link-up one time and move on or you link-up many times and stick around or you come for my other posts and never have created a daybook.

AND because of that, I will be hosting a give-away soon...more details on that to follow.



xo

________________________________________________________________




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

50 comments:

  1. So good to have you back! I enjoy your posts. You must live a lot further south than I do ~ I can't believe how green everything is already in your neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so kindly! I live along the southern most border of PA. We have had lots of rain lately and it has made such a difference these past days in the greenery.

      Delete
  2. I am loving your blog.... very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I appreciate that comment very much! I must be right on track for the goal I set for it :-) I also visited your blog and I enjoy your favorite thing...your "blogging" area!! I need a new computer table and am saving up as quickly as I can. LOL!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are back! I have always enjoyed reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so kindly, Mrs. Wren! It is always nice to hear nice words from someone!

      Delete
  4. It's good to have you back in the Daybook world! I really enjoyed yours! :) I felt so serene while reading it. I don't facebook and never have. I feel it tends to monopolize our world and makes people say things that they wouldn't (this is part of our issue with our middle daughter right now).
    I would love to be part of your book club but you only have it on facebook now, right? It always motivated me to share what I had read.
    Hope you have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Monica! Thank you for the compliment! I love that..."serene"...yes, another one of my goals for women when they visit. I need that in my days right now and I know others do too :-)

      Well, book club as in reading and discussing one book together?? Was this your thoughts...I wonder though if a book club could work within a private "blog". That is an idea as well and would allow women who do not do fb or like other women I have been reading of late it is no longer their thing. Hmmmm...something to think about, might just work.

      Delete
    2. Ooohhhh yay! I'm getting excited. I think I would enjoy a read along as long as I have time to find the book. Little community makes it hard to get a good book without buying it from Amazon or something. I think maybe a link up where we can post our thoughts that we have posted about our "section" to be read that week or something would be fun! I will be watching and waiting my friend! :)

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, there would be plenty of time to get our little "round table" together. So you are thinking of me using the Mister Linky tool similiar to taking part in the daybook? Reading the assigned parts, posting our thoughts of that chapter to our blogs and then coming back to link to that entry? Let me know your thoughts? I am not sure that would as private as we would need...still thinking about this. Excited too!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that your kiddo is thriving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad to see you are back! I too am getting rid of alot of FB "friends" i friended. Just don't want the drama or garbage.

    and it is SUCH a time waster.....I get on there and get addicted! I want to work more on my blog too as it allows me to be more creative with writing spiritual stuff :) Loved your Daybook!! (I'm a special ed teacher...kudos to you for homeschooling....it isn't easy with special needs children!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Faith and thank you for your comment as well. It feels right to be in my "room" with a view. {smile} YES! by all means work on your blog..much kinder to the spirit than fb.

      No, it is not easy. Actually he had been in his LS classroom, but when the district told me he would have to be driven to another district, it did not set well with me. Cyber school worked well for this year, but I may put him back in this upcoming year because and this...guess what...they are FINALLY creating a room for the special needs students in the middle school. I was excited to hear this...yes! a classroom in our hometown district is more like it!

      Delete
  7. I am joining for the first time (I think!;)). I enjoyed reading your daybook- you're book selections (read and listen) look intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Laurie and welcome for the first time (or the second)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to be back here and to read your daybook too. Looking forward to more stops here. Thanks for all you do Peggy,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you are dear friend! So very happy to have you post your daybook! Hope all is well with you and yours. xo

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday! The salad looks really good! I love the photo from you Pinterest board. I've always loved interesting doors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki! I will share just a bit more on that :-)

      Oh, me too and windows. Pinterest is so good at finding beautiful pictures of both.

      Delete
  11. So happy to see you post!!! I always enjoy reading your daybook!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jodi!! It has been awhile and I LOVE that purple in your hair. So you!

      Delete
  12. RaShea5/04/2016

    And she's back!!!! Yay! There is something about a Daybook, something that calms, that causes us to stop and take notice. Notice of the ordinary that makes up our days..... Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RaShea,
      Yes, I must agree with you. It makes me stop and think about what I am doing at the moment! You are welcome!

      Delete
  13. Hoping to join in! I love your blog posts and I am pleased you are back in this space :-). I have to hang on to "Face Ache" as it is a point of contact for home school activities but I very rarely leave a status.

    Maybe you could share your thoughts about being a long serving home school mum?

    San

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra Ann,
      Great, I hope you do too! Ha-ha...it took me a minute to get that one, but SO true.
      Oh, yes maybe I should share about that more often. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  14. Peggy, I enjoyed your daybook and love the pictures. I was fascinated by the tree. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I love trees and woods and forests! :-)

      Delete
  15. I have so far visited everyones daybook and have really enjoyed my little visits and so peaceful and like visiting with friends, well friends I have never met but so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat! glad you are getting home to home...yes, peaceful visiting for sure. I try to get to a few each post.

      Delete
  16. So pleased to find your blog and The Simple Woman's Daybook. Joining the fun for the first time with my Practically at Home blog (on Blogspot.com). (Hope I followed all the guidelines.) ;-)

    Happy birthday! Pumpernickel croutons? Yum!

    And that doorway through the trees ... amazing! What stories could that spot tell?

    Off to check out your Pinterest page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome, Linda! Glad to have you. I am sure you followed the guidelines just fine. Really, I just freshened them up and brought them to everyone's attention as a reminder.

      Thank you for the birthday wish!

      Delete
  17. That last photo of the door in the tree -- how intriguing is that?!!! I'm dreaming there is a cozy table in there with a pot of hot tea and floral-printed dishes, maybe a window with ruffly curtains and dappled sunshine, along with peace and quiet.

    Thanks for providing the Daybook for all of us! Hugs to you, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Barbara it is! Go and read what story it may have helped bring into being :-)

      Delete
  18. Welcome back Peggy! I have missed YOUR daybook posts! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much, Amy! I appreciate that very much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you're posting your Daybooks now. I've enjoyed joining in, thank you for putting it together for us. I look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah and you are very welcome!

      Delete
  21. Wonderful to see you here again!! I'm going to attempt to get a day book up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Peggy, just discovered your blog. I so appreciate the Joan Anderson suggestion you made on my FB page a while back (A Year By the Sea) and need another. Should I move to the one you have here on this post or a different one, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello right back at ya, Krista! I am so very glad that you enjoyed it! Her next one is, An Unfinished Marriage. They do move in order, so not the one above just yet. Keep me posted on what you are thinking and if you ever wish to speak more in depth, do email me at thesimplewoman@gmail.com

      Delete
  23. Thank you for the breathing room of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved your photos. Enjoyed the peace found within the writing. That door in the tree is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my..."breathing room of writing"...love that and thank you so very much!

      Delete
  25. I always read with a big pleasure, feeling inspiration and your mood and passion for simple joys. Thank you!
    It's nice you're here, again.
    By the way, how do you like Joan Anderson?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment for sure, Smily! I truly love Joan Anderson and her books. It was a life-changing book for me, A Year by the Sea.

      Delete
  26. I finally got round to joining in! hoping to pop by and visit the other ladies when it is not so late at night ;-)San

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always enjoy participating in your Daybook. And, yours is a most refreshing post. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's been a while, but I decided to join in the Daybook Community again. Thanks for continuing to host. I hope you are having a great summer, so far.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete