welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Friday, May 6

Retreat In The Wilds

What a wonderful week it has been! To be back here in this space, moving in the furniture, dusting everything off and placing vases of flowers in the rooms. I have been greeted by some of the sweetest ladies out there and I am so grateful for you! 

I just wanted to take a moment to say, that I will be out and about all of next week. My lovely daughters (their gift) and I are taking a retreat! We will be tucked in the wilds together in a mountain cabin, fully blessed to be without internet service. As much as I enjoy reading, viewing, communicating and learning using this medium...life is so much more vibrant without it. Yes? I want that and I can not wait! 

Lists are crossed off, suitcase is packed, books, new magazines and nearly every creative tool I own has been carefully placed in my large (very heavy), quilted bag.

Just wanted you to know that I will be back at the start of the following week! 


until then...

9 comments:

  1. Sounds heavenly, Peggy! Enjoy your time with the girls...I'll be thinking of you all. Hope your creative juices will be freely flowing. If you have the "extra" time, why not jot out a little snail mail note and let me know how you're doing. ;)
    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so peaceful I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy, I hope you have a wonderful time. I must say I am slightly envious of you to be in a cabin in the quiet... :)
    Happy Mother's Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A retreat sounds so awesome, I pray it will be filled with spiritual, emotional and physical rest, creativity, love and blessings. See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a peaceful view!! Enjoy your time away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift from your daughters! A retreat together if the very best gift ever. Hope you have a refreshing time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful picture we love to get out and about and see what we can see The river and forest are always beautiful and peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much girls for your kind comments...I am back, rested and revived once again! This was a much needed trip for sure!

    ReplyDelete