welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Wednesday, May 18

Glimpse Of My Girl

On Monday, I posted a "morning" photo (below) of a wall from my bedside. A menagerie of things, each special for a different reason, but equally loved. (one must have those things near their place of respite, yes?)


Perhaps you caught glimpse of my girl, the one in the picture frame. I call her lovingly my girl, though she is surely in her midlife years as I am. I believe we carry part of that "girlhood" as women with us daily. 


I fell in love with her, the moment I turned the page to March. So as I sometimes do, I cut the page out, trimmed and put it into a thrifted frame that had a lovely mat. I am not sure how Mr. Hopper, as he put brush to her, knew in that moment, how much she would in my lifetime speak to me.  


But, there she was in a perfect setting, fully surrounded by home and nature...pondering, soaking, longing, feeling, contemplating, glowing in the day...in the moment...something I am doing more of these days. 

and months.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this--how you described her surrounded by home and nature, pondering. That would be me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really nice that you take print that you really enjoy and frame it. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that... catch a glimpse of me in an artist's work. I think... funny, I didn't see anyone painting outside my window! ;)
    catching up on some reading here.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely image and that is great you are in the moment more now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for taking note as well. Yes, stay in that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Glad to know I'm not the only one who cuts out and frames photos from calendars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, for sure, Vicki! Guess what type of calendar I am asking for in December? {smile}

      Delete