welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Friday, May 27

Embrace The Change

This lovely weather and the quiet days, have caused me to move into a place of quiet. Just walking out the backdoor in the morning to sit on my porch swing or listening to the night sounds coming in on the breeze, as I drift off to sleep, hold such sweetness. This is the season I turn a bit inward, perhaps with more time to ponder and plan. So much glorious inspiration! 

Next week, there are three more cyberschool days and two more homeschool days left, then I will have a another graduate, as well as a 7th grader. It is time to think about what my next life step might look like. 

There will be no more homeschooling days for me and with my youngest, his 13th birthday in June, headed back to the life skills classroom in the fall, things will be quite different. It is a bittersweet time for me and as one who has seen her share of melancholy these past few years, as always, I will slowly embrace the change and move forward to what may come next.


As I prepare to shut the computer down, I want to wish all of my readers a very happy week-end and holiday. 

P.S. I will have a new Daybook link posted on June 6th, but I will be back next week with a post or two. 

Until then...


8 comments:

  1. Embracing change can sometimes feel like launching off a precipice :-) When I am struggling my husband reminds me that "the more things change, the more things stay the same!" Hope you have a beautifully peaceful weekend, San x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, how true! Thank you, Sandra...I did and I hope you did as well.

      Delete
  2. Changes can be hard. I try to view them as new adventures. It sort of has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dayle, new adventures is exactly what they are beginning to feel like.

      Delete
    2. Hi, Peggy, I am new to your blog, having found it through another blog I read. I am just returning to blogging (with a brand new blog) after a couple years away, and I saw another gal's post to the Simple Woman's Daybook, and I found it intriguing. That is how I found you.

      This post struck a chord with me. I homeschooled my children, and the last one finished high school in 2010. Honestly, I had been dreading that day for about 5 years. I've kind of been "spinning my wheels" since then, wondering what purposeful thing to do with my life now. I finally realized that even if my kids are grown and gone, making my home a haven IS still a worthy calling. Actually, that is why I started back to blogging, to share my passion for home and hospitality.

      Anyhow, life does go on after homeschooling, but I can relate to the bittersweet you are feeling.

      Blessings,
      Patti @ Embracing Home

      Delete
    3. Hello Patti! I feel as though I have just met a friend who understands. Thank you for your visit!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, change. It does come around regularly doesn't it. Hope you have some great things come from your change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica! I am hoping so.

      Delete