welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, March 23

The Simple Woman's Daybook & Link-up ~ March 23rd Edition




For Today...March 23rd
(while I post on Mondays, I most time write my daybook pages over the week-end)

Outside my window... snow nearly melted and ground thawing

I am thinking...  about taking that first speed walk outside very soon

I am thankful... that I live in a private area surrounded by nothing more than trees

I am wearing... black workout capri pants, baby blue top, sneakers and black ankle socks

I am creating... fresh pieces with lots of color

I am going... to begin making my own glass and counter top spray cleaners. I want to begin putting my essential oils to use.
*If you have an simple recipe that you are using, please share in the comment section.

I am wondering...  what to take care of first once a lovely 60 degree day is at my doorstep

I am reading... (rather skimming)
Title: 
Canning & Preserving 
by Ashley English 


I read this copy in/on: borrowed copy from my local library

HERE is the link where you can see more about the book or make a purchase

My personal thoughts on this book/magazine: This is a nice starter book for canning. I found 2 recipes that I want to try.


I am hoping... for the mud to dry up just a little bit

I am learning... that things happen in their own, good time
I am pondering... pieces I want to add to my spring and summer wardrobe. I am currently and slowly changing my style of dress
(see more under the prompt "From the boardroom...")


In my kitchen...
{roasted cauliflower topped with Parmesan cheese and vinegar...delish}


{citrus-topped double blueberry muffins}

In My Garden...



{last week I was spreading the lime and fertilizer on the garden and had a wonderful treat while doing so...of course I heard them first, but then seeing them was a very special sign for me}

A favorite quote for today...



My Paper Cut Journal
2015
{pages 17 & 18}


{just like my days of late...white, gray with spots of color}

----> to see my other Paper Cut pages you may go HERE

A peek into one of my days...

One of my favorite things...  my oldest daughter, Olivia, coming home to plan and begin her quilt project



From the board room... 
 
{photo credit found HERE}

Also, a bit more inspiration from my board, "i am wearing" found HERE

~ Post Script ~
(this is where you will find a link that I found and simply wanted to pass along)

Sharing this workshop with my readers! I am signed up (again) and thought some of you may enjoy it as well. A few of the changes I have made in my own kitchen over this past year, have come from Heather's workshops.
*****************************************
Also, inviting you all to join...


Join Us HERE

***************************************
I hope you enjoyed this week's daybook, if you would like to join us, please see information on the sidebar that will help you. Also, if you leave a comment, I have been working on making Tuesdays the day to approve and reply, then during the week, I try to stop by a few of your daybooks for a visit. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Simple Woman's Daybook prompts format have been updated.
You can find the update HERE

***
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I like your new style!!!!! Those muffins look divine! I spent the weekend in my gardens; fertilizing and getting the tomato tubs ready. They need lots of calcium and fertilizer. Can't wait to plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your box of thread, makes me want to get out my cross stitch again! I know I have a bunch of things in there that I can make. The muffins look yummy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You again for the inspiration! I love the new format with the added sections. I also love the pictures you added to your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem like a very busy lady, redeeming the time. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pictures. I am terrible with formatting....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this ....It's like medicine for the mind sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you dear friends for your comments! I hope you all have a grand week-ending! See you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been on a 6 week blog vacation and I am happy to be back reading blog posts again. Yours is a favorite. I really love your pictures and all that you are doing. You do inspire us all with your creative talents. Plus, I would love to come to dinner at your house. The food looked yummy!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love doing the Daybook but I can never link up with others. Here is my entry for today in case anyone would like to read it :) https://sterlingsop.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/daybook-entry-28th-march-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello...if you look at the links, yours went through just fine. Make sure after you add your info that you refresh your page to see your linked.

      Delete