welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Monday, March 16

The Simple Woman's Daybook & Link-up ~ March 16th Edition




For Today...March 16th
(while I post on Mondays, I most time write my daybook pages over the week-end)

Outside my window... a beautiful spring-like day

I am thinking...  about my garden, about my garden and about my garden and...well, you get the picture


{2014 cucumber rows}

I am thankful... that I have been able to find organic fertilizer and garden soil as well as non-gmo and organic seeds locally...doing a huge happy, happy dance!!

I am wearing... dark wash jeans, soft gray top and black swirly tunic

I am creating... fresh nooks throughout the living areas of our home

I am going... to be spring cleaning all week, wrapping up on Friday with new bedding,  pretty rug, throw pillows and curtains

I am wondering... if I should put the Etsy on hold now....as I am being wooed outside. 


I am reading... 

Title:  Blender Girl
by Tess Masters



I read this copy in/on: borrowed from my local library

HERE is the link where you can see more about the book or make a purchase

My personal thoughts on this book/magazine: This is another lovely cookbook! I am skimming and copying recipes with this one taking my eye...Ginger-Apple-Pear Butter

I am hoping... for a gradual warm-up and not hot all at once type of spring season

I am learning... that self care is needed every single day

I am pondering... which shape and color glasses to get at my upcoming eye exam

In my kitchen...


 {pineapple upside cake}

 {banana walnut bread}

{fruit infused water}

In My Garden...


{this photo was taken last week with about half the snow now gone...can not wait to walk through my garden gate}

A favorite quote for today...
"There are three big windows that go from floor to ceiling on the south side of my cabin. I like to sit in the brown leather chair in the twilight of winter evenings and watch birds at the feeder that stretches across them."
 ~ from A Country Year (Living the Questions) by Sue Hubbell


My Paper Cut Journal
2015
{pages 15 & 16}



{this set of pages came out soft and gentle...my feelings towards one season and the welcoming of another

----> to see my other Paper Cut pages you may go HERE

A peek into one of my days...


{mug mat made for a birthday gift}

One of my favorite things... 


{licorice}

From the board room... 


{photo credit found HERE}

Also, a bit more inspiration from my board, "spring" found HERE

~ Post Script ~
(this is where you will find a link that I found and simply wanted to pass along)

YES! THIS! ... take a listen HERE!

*****************************************
Also, inviting you all to join...


The Daybook Community

***************************************
I hope you enjoyed this week's daybook, if you would like to join us, please see information on the sidebar that will help you. Also, if you leave a comment, I have been working on making Tuesdays the day to approve and reply, then during the week, I try to stop by a few of your daybooks for a visit. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: IF you did not see my post from this morning, please read it now. You can find it HERE

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

18 comments:

  1. I just love scrolling and reading through your daybook each week! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning for the week with a special reward at the end! Now that's a plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to infused waters....loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new prompts that have been added; I didn't read them until I had already finished my post...not sure if I'll go back and change it but will use them next time - well, since I don't garden, I'll skip that one!

    Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to join others for The Simple Woman's Daybook!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fine, Barbara...only add them if you wish and if they pertain to your life :-)

      Delete
  5. I am joining in for the first time! You must end up with a very amazing garden and I can understand why you might want all that snow to melt!
    xxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how nice to have so many newcomers! Welcome, Kim! I hope you enjoy writing your daybook and sharing it with us.

      Delete
  6. Have a great week Peg. I like the additions to the daybook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Wendy...I thought it was time to add a few things to spruce it up. Could be my springy mood and because I am spring housecleaning. :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi my first time here and it will not let me link up. Hope you have a good day.
    http://staceyschneller06.blogspot.com
    It's under stacey's first daybook. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Stacey! Glad you are daybooking!

      Delete
  8. I absolutely LOVE the blue butterfly on the licorice picture! I'm not sure where, but I know there's a site where you can upload your picture and "try on" several different frames.

    Blessings,
    Voni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, that would be nice...I always hate getting up so close to the mirrors to *see* how they look.

      Delete
  9. Hi Dear Friend,
    Another beautiful daybook. I love Blender Girl. A beautiful cookbook. Have you seen Bella Grace? I just know you would love it. I find it at Barnes and Noble or order in at Stampington. You are so right. We do need to take care of ourselves. It is no easy task.:)
    have a blessed day.
    xxoo
    Elizabeth Quigley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...Elizabeth...I bought the very first issue for it was so pretty. I also love to use the Stampington website to stay up on when the new issues are out.

      Delete
  10. It looks lovely to see that snow from your window although I am sure you are no longer finding it lovely to look at! I also have that cookbook. I just bought a blender to make smoothies and it is coming in handy. It looks like you and I have a lot in common! I enjoy peaking at your day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome to the daybook. I DO see we have a good bit in common. I enjoyed coming over to your blog for a visit last week.

      Delete
  11. Hi Peggy and other SWDs!! I truly enjoy your site(:

    ReplyDelete