welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Thursday, October 2

Four Seasons :: Autumn Challenge {Day 2 of 30} NEW LINK-UP



Good morning and welcome to the third of four seasonal challenges I hold here at The Simple Woman's blog. I hope you will join us for the next 30 days and have fun while doing so with this lovely season! 

Please go HERE for all the details in getting linked up and ready to go.

Now, it your turn to add your Day 1 blog post to this link. It will be your intention to take part in the next 30 days and have your name put in for the autumn gift-away drawing on November 14th.

Remember you only need to link up once to take part.
Please read the guidelines link above. Thank you!

(You must be linked-up below with your Day 1, NO LATER than Saturday, October 4th)
****************************

Day 2 of 30

:: a natural and hearty autumn treat ::

::I am joining Heather (sharing one of her delicious recipes), over at Beauty That Moves for This Week In My Kitchen blog hop! Stop by, it is a nice way to be inspired in your kitchen!::

(Here are my previous entries in this blog hop)
-------------------------

The highlight of this week was: 
Caramel Dipping Sauce

(this is wonderful at this time of year with sliced apples)

1 cup of raw cashews
1 cup of dried dates, pitted
1/4 (less as desired) cup maple syrup
pinch of ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup date soaking water

Place cashews and dates each in their own bowls, cover with water and soak for 3 hours.
Drain and rinse the cashews, drain and reserve water from dates.
Place the dates and cashews into a blender.
 Add syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of reserved date water.
Blend until smooth, may take a few minutes. Scrape down the sides of blender as needed.
Serve with fruit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you told me those were cashews in there. It looked like macaroni to me and I was so confused! I'm going to look into your link party. Not sure I can keep up, but I might try!

    ReplyDelete