.

.

The Message Board

Updated June 27th --- >

Join The Simple Woman's Book Club group...new book study coming in September! Join up HERE

Thursday, May 8

This Week In My Kitchen


I am joining in with Heather over at Beauty That Moves for her This Week In My Kitchen blog hop!

:: the best of omelets ::

:: hot tea and sweet treats ::

:: toppings and jars ::


 :: granola muffins...breakfast in the round ::

**last time I participated in the blog hop, there were many of you who asked about the recipe, Black Skillet Cabbage I created. So I thought I would share with you...


Black Skillet Cabbage
(by Peggy Hostetler)

medium head of cabbage
(i use 2 small and very green ones)
slice the cabbage nice and thin
saute this in olive oil using your black skillet
throw in a can of chick peas that have been drained
add mushrooms that have been drained if using from a jar
add pepper and any other spicy goodness you love (freshly ground is best)
(i added a bit more olive oil at this point)
heat this until you get that great texture
lay this beautiful mixture on a small bed of prepared rice of your choosing
dash with italian dressing
add a tad of parmesan cheese

enjoy with yum sounds...then...come back here and tell me this was extremely delish!


11 comments:

  1. Granola muffins - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skillet looks nothing less than yummie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy... I'll have to make your cabbage recipe. All of your foods look good. Granola muffins, omelette, tea... mmm.... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy muffins! Love brassicas in a skillet! Delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlfriend...this is going on my menu for next week! I'll get back with you then! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really interested in those granola muffins! THey look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The omelet's look fantastic and I would love to try one of those granola muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love your recipe to the muffins, too.. Thanks for the cabbage one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here I am back, Girlfriend, to tell you how extremely delish this recipe is! SERIOUSLY...we LOVED it! Had it for supper last night and again today in both our lunches. :) I'm actually going to feature it on my blog tomorrow which will be Thursday, May 22! ;) I have included links back to your blog as well as to directly to the post that includes the cabbage recipe! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It is unreal good...the first time I threw it all together, the entire time I ate it I was ooooh-ing and aaaahing!

      Delete