Monday, May 12

The Simple Woman's Book Club (May Edition)


*If you would like to join The Simple Woman's Book Club for one month or for each month of the year, please see the sidebar for more information.*

HERE is the current May Edition

(The winner for the book giftaway for the month of April is Callie over at the Lemon Verbena blog!)

Title: 
Brad's Raw Made Easy
The Fast, Delicious Way to Lose Weight, Optimize Health, and Live Mostly in the Raw

Author: 
Brad Gruno (Founder of Brad's Raw Foods)

I read this book in/on:
a hardcover copy from my local library



My personal thoughts on this book: 
While I would never go 100% raw with my own diet, this book is full of great information as well as recipes. 
Brad takes you step by step if you are looking for a a way to go raw all the way or if you wish to simply detox you body by adding healthier foods to your personal meal plan. I enjoyed this book very much!


Here is a link where you can find/purchase this book:
Brad's Raw Made Easy


A favorite quote from the book:
"It might seem hard to believe at first, but the more raw food you consume and the longer you stay off processed sugar, the more you will lose your taste for the sweet stuff.
It's almost as if you are resetting not just your metabolism but your taste buds."

I could not agree more with this statement. 

I am sharing a favorite recipe that I am planning on making this week:

Lime Coconut Cheesecake



1 comment:

  1. We are really changing our way of eating here at our household and while I don't anticipate ever being able to do 100% raw, this book does sound amazing. Thanks for the review, Peggy. Oh...and I thought of you today as I purchased my wooden cutting board for chopping fresh veggies! ;) You do inspire!

    ReplyDelete