welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Thursday, April 3

Four Seasons :: Day 11 of 30


is underway with the last day being April 30th.

The Summer Challenge begins June 20th (one day before summer).
Mark your calendar and join us!

Included in today's, Day 11 of 30 Spring Challenge post, I am joining in with Heather over at Beauty That Moves for her This Week In My Kitchen blog hop!

You will be in for a treat if you visit Heather's kitchen. She is a true inspiration!
(I am adding her pretty banner here as well.)



* Firstly, for any new visitors, you may enjoy this post, A Little Clean Kitchen Love.

*~*~*~*


:: time to freshen up the recipe binder ::


:: there are always raw vegetables on my cutting board ::


:: gotta have a great butcher shoppe nearby ::


:: ham bean soup and homemade bread make for one happy husband ::


:: a mix of old and new make it fun in the kitchen ::


:: little things that help you create ::


:: magic happens when combining a skillet, brussel sprouts, olive oil and sea salt ::

19 comments:

  1. I have a husband and 16 year old son who love homemade bread too, that is why I make it every week; I just wish I had the metabolism of a 16 year old boy so I could eat it the way he does ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I know it, Tracey! Yes, bread...a weakness of mine too.

      Delete
  2. I so agree with you on the old and new. I love having things in my kitchen that belonged to my grandmothers or aunts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I use to just keep those things a bit more away from the used items, but then I thought...why not just enjoy using them while I have them. Then they can go to the next generation after me :-)

      Delete
  3. This mix of legumes and the soup look so yummy, your husband must have been very happy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was...he likes those types of meals. He was raised Amish and enjoys some of the "traditional" type meals.

      Delete
  4. I recently tried pan fried Brussels sprouts. Who knew they'd be so delicious.
    Thanks for letting us peep into your kitchen.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, Yes, they are so good! Thank you for visit:-)

      Delete
  5. oh my. that soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy lookin' soup and bread!!!!! your photos made my stomach growl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks delicious!

    I enjoy taking part in Spring Challenge, and I hope to join the summer challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh so glad to hear that...I am having fun doing this too!

      Delete
  8. I particularly love "little things that help you create". I am thinking of doing one of these weeks on my favorite stuff in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do take part! I had so much fun putting this together and linking up at Heather's.

      Delete
  9. How good are brussels like that? I love a whole bowl full :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4/03/2014

    Your post and pictures are wonderful !!!! love the descriptions after each - they really add a little special something - thank you : ) ohhhh and that soup and homemade bread LOVE IT !!!!
    Blessings, Sandra in AZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit Sandra! I thought adding just a few words to each may do just that...make them a bit special :-)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing your kitchen. This all is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love bean soup Peggy.
    Everything looks yummy.
    This s fun.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete