welcome to the simple woman's daybook...where every day is a blank page

Tuesday, March 11

A Little Clean Kitchen Love

It has taken me awhile, but I had a few friends who wanted to see my kitchen cleaning day, so I thought I'd share here for my readers as well.
Back at the end of January I had one of my wild hairs. Anyone who knows me, knows that when I get one of those, they usually tend to get out of the way or join me whichever the case may be. On this day, I decided to tear into a project that was a bit overdue, but very planned.
It was very early in the morning, thus a few dark pictures.

Like I said, it was a bit overdue. So this is what happens when blueberries spill out of the frig and go missing. They shrink in size...lol.

When I do a redo, nothing can hide!

I took everything and I mean everything out of cabinets, drawers, cupboards and those lovely get down-on-your-knees kind of places.

Everything got a good, hot, soapy bath!


I decided to get out all of the pottery pieces that my dear Daddy gifted me with over the years. Every year at Christmas he picked out a piece he thought I would like. (most are Rowe Pottery pieces, my very favorite.


I love this picture of my spice area. My husband built this for me several years back when he put in the long bar. I love a man who can wield a hammer!






Oh, I love this little nook area! While I have other rooms in the house, one with a full craft table, one with a desk, this area is only for grocery list making, cookbook looking, meal planning and recipe writing.

It was actually wanting to create this little spot that sent me into a tail spin to clean the kitchen, that and the sweet juicer my husband just bought me this past Saturday! More on that in another post...



11 comments:

  1. Awww Peggy, I absolutely LOVED seeing these pictures of your kitchen! (after all these years) lol And I'm envious of your spice/herb area. John did a beautiful job. I'm trying to figure out the layout of your kitchen by all the different angles you took.....your kitchen must be huge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love this, Peggy! I'm still working on my pantry...down to the last shelf and the floor. I'll do a blog post one day with pics from it. The next room to tackle will be the kitchen... It is still in fairly decent shape from when I did my big purge/declutter two years ago. But there are two areas that definitely need improvement...the bottom of the hutch and the corner area where the spices are kept. I am contemplating...and grateful for the time to still work on the pantry while I think about those two areas.

    Your pottery is beautiful! I know it is even more special to you because your dad gave it to you. Those are what I call TREASURES. All of my pottery is done by our close friend who is currently battling lymphoma. Yours is displayed beautifully. I have some pieces that are display pieces, but most of mine is functional pieces.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us! I might be brave enough to do before and after pictures of the kitchen, but there was NO way that I was taking before pictures of the pantry to show to anyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing what a little rearranging will do. LOVE, love your little nook. That's my favorite part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your spaces. Yes, we have to turn everything inside out before it gets there. I echo "Pardon for the Progress."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that my spices are not that organized! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kitchen could use a good cleaning like this! Your little nook does look inviting. Have a great day, Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Love your cozy kitchen! I have always wanted a little office space in the kitchen area like you have created. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you dear friends for your kind comments! I appreciate each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy, I LOVE your spice area! Your kitchen is beautiful. You are very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing this and I adore your little nook corner. Makes me want to do a little re-do of my own today.

    ReplyDelete